WRONG CATEGORY LISTINGS

Hello, just signed onto hipcomic. Seems like a site with a lot of potential to grow. One query I have is I clicked onto Platinum and proceeded to scroll wading thru item after item which should not be in there. Am I to assume all the other categories of stuff are equally "polluted" - I would think that lessens the buyer's experience on here. Is there any way to maybe (hopefully) educate the sellers to list in the proper categories which might even accomplish the task of making sales for them? Not trying to come off sarcastic in any way. I see this as a real draw back. I remember when eBay began to become so polluted as well. AllSelectComics01-02

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The misrepresentation of correct categories - and you're right, there's a lot of it - seems to be due to apathy on the part of many sellers -- they just don't spend the time to correctly choose the right classification for what they're selling.

It's even more surprising in light of the fact that HipComic has an incredibly useful tool that can unerringly detect the title, issue number, and correct period/age into which a comic falls, just from an image of its cover! All it would take from a seller is one click and their comic would automatically be placed in the correct category.

I don't know what the solution is to 'schooling' so many lackadaisical sellers, but occasionally when I come across a comic that is badly miscategorized, I'll send a brief message to the seller, letting him know.

Improving HipComic, one listing at a time! :smiley: