Effective Date: January 29, 2016
Collection of Personal Information
How information is collected
When you interact with our site in anyway, including but not limited to: creating an account, registering information, subscribing to emails, contact us or making purchases through the site, we ask you for Personal Information. HipComic may keep information relating to how you use the site, including, but not limited to, what pages you view and transactions you attempt or complete. Cookies and other related technology may be utilized to collect information about your interaction with our site. Personal Information may also be collected through third parties in order to give us additional information to enhance the service we provide you.
What information is collected
- Email Address: Provided to us in conjunction with registering an account, or through contacting us in any way.
- Other Contact Information: Including but not limited to: name, mailing address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, social media and other third-party username and account information.
- Technology Related Information: Information provided by your Internet browser. IP addresses, cookies and any and all future technology related information.
- Demographics: Any demographic or psychographic information including but not limited to : age, gender, income, location and social relationships.
- Financial Information: Credit and Debit card information, as well as any other information related to payments and transactions.
- Browsing and Transaction Information: Including but not limited to any way in which you interact with our site, or make purchases on our site.
Use of Information
In general, your Personal Information is used for the following purposes
- Internal record keeping
- Improving, Analyzing and Tracking our Site and Services
- Marketing and Promotion
- Emails and social media contact
- Prevent fraud
- Corporate Obligations
- Provide help and support to you, our employees and our merchants
- Provide help or support to our merchants or business partners
Disclosure of Information
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us using the information provided on our Contact Us page.
At any time, you may access or update your account and contact information by accessing your HipComic Members Area > My Account page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We take the protection and security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use a variety of technological and industry standard processes and procedures to help safe guard this information. Financial information will be stored using industry standard encryption technology. However, you understand that no process or procedures by any company can ever fully eliminate all risks associated with your Personal Information.
Third Party Privacy and External Links
Our site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here. Please note that this is in no way related to any information we collect from you. We do not share any of your Personal Information we collect with these companies.