the Science Fction Universe ... And Beyond HC VF/NM syfy channel hardcover 2012
Condition: VF/NM Item: the Science Fiction Universe ... And Beyond Publisher: Universe Cover Date: 2012 Cover Price: $40.00 OTHER INFO: hardcover. _Syfy Channel Book of Sci-Fi_. Travel where no man has gone before with this decade-by-decade p ... Read More
OTHER INFO: hardcover. _Syfy Channel Book of Sci-Fi_. Travel where no man has gone before with this decade-by-decade progression of science-fiction classics. From the classic, low-budget space exploration Flash Gordon tales of the Saturday matinee serials, to the slick CGI-realized world of The Matrix, science-fiction films have long been pushing the boundaries of the visually and dramatically fantastic—turning the known world on its head, playing with the laws of physics, and all the while holding their audience spellbound. The Science Fiction Universe . . . and Beyond offers a breadth of knowledge, insight, and passion to a century of close encounters, black holes, time travel, distant planets, impossible quests, nuclear war, futuristic technology, inexplicable forces, spaceships, extraordinary monsters, and subterranean societies. Arranged chronologically, showing the progression of sci-fi over the decades, and delving into interesting back stories and trivia, this volume includes a variety of classic films and television shows, such as The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), The Twilight Zone (1959–1964), Doctor Who (1963–1989), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Star Wars, Episode IV—A New Hope (1977), Alien (1979), E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987–1994), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), Stargate SG-1 (1997–2007), Battlestar Galactica (2004–2009), and many others.
Check out Cyberspace Comics for more:
* Science Fiction
Terms & Conditions
* Comics are sent in a bubble mailer sandwiched between two thick slabs of cardboard to prevent damage. If all of your purchases do not fit in a bubble mailer, they will be mail inside a cardboard box, packed tight and secure so as to avoid any shifting en route. I want your comics to arrive in the advertised condition just as much as you do.
* Graphic novels, trade paperbacks and hardcovers count as multiple comics when factoring shipping. TPBs count as the number of comics they reprint. Other notations may be found in the listing regarding how many comics they will count as.
* I will gladly combine shipping for any items paid for together on the same invoice. Items paid for on multiple invoices will have to be sent in multiple shipments and will not qualify for the combined shipping discount. If the shipping does not look like it is combining correctly, please check to ensure that the shipping methods for all of the items are set to the same method. You'll then notice that they combine accurately.
* Paypal requires that I have to ship to the address you provide me with when you send your payment. I cannot alter the shipping address after your payment has been sent. If you want your item sent somewhere else, after you click PAY NOW, you can change the shipping address before you confirm payment.
* Domestic Shipping
* Each additional comic only costs to mail (trade paperbacks are counted as the number of issues they collect). This additional cost only applies to media mail (in most cases, even if the invoice says "first class", if you have ordered multiple items, they will not qualify for that method because it has a weight limit - these orders may be shifted to media). Please ask about the cost of sending multiple lots via first class, priority or other methods.
* International Shipping
* INTERNATIONAL BUYERS ARE WELCOME! Below you'll find the First Class International shipping rates. Please contact me if you're curious about the rates for higher quantities.
* Item Descriptions
* Conditions are listed for each lot that include a high and low rating to satisfy picky graders as well as lenient graders. Please refer to the condition in the description as the pictures can sometimes be misleading.
* On lots that include more than one comic, the condition listed is for a majority of the comics included. This can mean that up to a few comics fall above or below the listed condition. In many cases, these exceptions are noted.
* You may get a direct market version or newsstand version (UPC) - unless specifically noted in the listing (not the picture)
* I have an auto-feedback system established, after you leave positive feedback, the system will leave you positive feedback.
* If, for some reason, you have a problem with our transaction, please contact me before leaving feedback. I will work with you to make you satisfied with your purchase.
* Item As Described - bear in mind the high/low grading system I use
* Communication - feel free to ask questions about the item and request an invoice when you're done bidding.
* Shipping Time - remember that some deliveries take longer than others depending on how far away you are from New York.
* Shipping and Handling Charges - shippings fees include not only postal fees but also the cost of the bubble mailer, cardboard backers or cardboard box. So, when your item arrives, the price you paid for shipping will certainly be more than the USPS price because the mailing supplies are costly, as well.
* Making a purchase indicates that you want to receive our email newsletter. Naturally, you may opt out later.
* You may only return an item if it does not match the description.
* Promotions do not apply to items purchased using the "make offer" option.
Powered by Hip Turbo Lister
The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.
- Item Location
- New York, United States
- Ships To
- Select Country
- Zip/Post Code
- Returns Accepted
- Returns Policy
- Money Back - Returns Accepted within 60 Days (Seller pays Shipping Cost)
Click here to login