EERIE 17,Scarce,1968,HORROR,Warren Magazine,Steve Ditko,Reed Crandall,Krenkel
This is a truly HARD TO FIND copy of the scarce EERIE #17 published by Warren Publishing Co in 1968. Contents: Cover: Tom Sutton (Sept. 1968) [miscredited to Barry Rockwell.] 1) The Final Solution [Raymond Marais/Bill Fraccio & Tony Tallarico] 8p 2) Th ... Read More
- Series Name
- Issue Number
- Horror & Sci-Fi
Item DescriptionThis is a truly HARD TO FIND copy of the scarce EERIE #17 published by Warren Publishing Co in 1968.
1) The Final Solution [Raymond Marais/Bill Fraccio & Tony Tallarico] 8p
2) The Mummy Stalks! [Archie Goodwin/Reed Crandall] 8p reprinted from Eerie #5 (Sept.
3) Eerie Fanfare: Tom Sutton Profile/Back Pay [Bill Parente & Bill Mantlo/Tom Sutton, Dean
Sindork & Mike Whelan] 1p [text article/story]
4) To Save Face [Bill Parente/Ernie Colon] 6p
5) Dressed To Kill! [Bill Parente/Tom Sutton] 6p
6) Demon Sword! [Archie Goodwin/Steve Ditko] 8p reprinted from Eerie #8 (Mar. 1967)
7) The Death Of Halpin Frayser [Craig Tennis/Frank Bolle] 7½p from the story by Ambrose
Bierce, reprinted from Christopher Lee’s Treasury Of Terror (Sept. 1966)
Notes: Eerie #17 is one of the hardest Warren issues to find, apparently due to a James Warren experiment of non-returnable distribution for this issue. Tony Isabella wrote a letter that revealed that the actual artists behind the Tony Williamsune pen-name were Charlton mainstays Bill Fraccio & Tony Tallarico. The fan page featured the debut of future comic writer Bill Mantlo and future SF cover artist Michael Whelan.
Comic magazine with Color cover and Black and White interiors.
Very nice copy in VG+++ condition. Visible wear to spine area as well as rough edge to back cover edge and slight water stain to bottom of spine side. BUT still it remains a hard to find copy in any condition.
Please refer to scanned images, they're truly worth a thousand words
Additional scans upon request as long as they are not absurd.
Many other issues available please inquire
- Item Location
- New Jersey, United States
- Ships To
- Select Country
- Shipping Instructions
- "Bullet Proof Packaging". Any shipping and handling overcharges will be refunded. Domestic insurance is included. Shipping in 3 to 5 days.
- Returns Accepted
Click here to login